Exercise is any form of activity which requires or demands you to move your body at a greater intensity than your usual regular activities. It is important to exercise regularly in order to stay physically and mentally fit. However, nothing turns out to be beneficial if it’s not planned well. Therefore, you need a systematic approach for the exercises i.e. a ‘regimen’. Your aim should be to maintain a healthy routine including exercises that are suitable as well as challenging for you.
Importance of Exercise
Exercise is an inevitable part of a healthy lifestyle. Nowadays where the majority of people are sitting behind a desk for most of their day every week, exercising can help zap both physical and mental stress.
Here are some more reasons that make exercising even more important:
- Strengthens Immune System: Exercising cleans our body and strengthens the immune system which ultimately defends our body from developing diseases. It is quite evident that the people who live an unhealthy lifestyle are more likely to get ill as compared to those who work out on a regular basis.
- Benefits your mental state: A healthy body means a healthy mind. Exercise can help people who have mild depression and low self-esteem by giving them a real sense of accomplishment. As you set fitness goals and have the drive to achieve them, you feel liberated and confident once those goals are achieved.
- Makes you fit for outdoor work: If your job requires you to do a lot of physical work every day, it would become really hard for you to survive with an unhealthy body. Even if your livelihood is not riding on your physical fitness, you must stay fit for active outdoor work.
- Develops your personality: The ones who are physically fit usually have a very active and confident personality. In addition, they are found to be more appealing than others. Exercise builds a better physical as well as mental state.
Importance of Exercise Regimen
An exercise regimen refers to a specialized plan of a set of activities selected according to your capabilities and the kind of workout you should be doing in order to attain physical fitness. An exercise regimen helps you in the following ways:
- Consistency: Consistency is a major factor for achieving results while exercising. A regular exercise regimen demands much-needed commitment which helps you increase your fitness level.
- Motivation: Following a regimen enhances your motivation level as all the goals are set clearly and attaining those goals motivates you to work even harder.
- Balanced plan: The workout regimen is made according to your individual needs and capabilities. It consists of only those activities which can be done with the resources at your disposal.
Hence, it is very important to have a healthy lifestyle and an effective exercise regimen is one of the most effective ways of achieving and maintaining it.