You must become your best self
A gentleman should display his personality in front of the world.
Who are you? What is the best thing about you? Are you tired of being less than yourself? Or how can you bring the best that is hidden inside you? Everyone who was put on this earth are not here just to exist, but they are here for a purpose. What is your purpose? Are you here to go with the flow or are you here to make an impact! If you want to go with the flow I suggest that you read no further, but if you want to make an impact then let’s get into it. To make an impact you will have to step out of your comfort zone and take action.
Becoming your best self can only happen when you allow a transformation to take place in your life. From the time you were born, in every moment of your day-to-day life, you have the choice of being whoever you want to be, you must decide who you want to become. It should be you, who determines the actions and decisions you take, the path you walk, the way you see the world, and above all the choices that you make. As time moves forward these decisions and actions will clearly define who you are.
To become your best self, you will have to get out of your comfort zone by challenging yourself to do and be more; however, it may be easy to set goals but to implement them is a different story. Everybody wants to make a lot of money, drive a nice car, live in a great neighborhood, be physically fit, eat at the best restaurants, and have a beautiful woman, but nobody wants to work hard, master their trade and make sacrifices to accomplish these things. Then we don’t step outside the norm because we are concerned with what other people may think, which should never be taken into consideration when you take a step ahead to become your best self. But sometimes becoming a better you is about removing and not adding. Yes, I am speaking of the toxic habits or other behaviors that prevent us from becoming who we were created to be. And it’s true that until you let them go, becoming your best self-becomes a kind of dream that you cannot achieve. So, quit sabotaging yourself and create positive lasting change for the better.
Key points to assist you in becoming your best self:
- Determine the person you want to be – first you need to be alone and analyze yourself to see who you really are, what are your strengths and weakness. Who are individuals that you admire and why? This will provide you with an idea of who you want to become; however, as you grow and evolve this will change.
- Visualize your best self – Visualize in the now that you are the person that you want to become. Create a vision board or scrape book of images, goals, and affirmations.
- Implement a plan of action – write down in a journal the steps that you will take to become your best self and implement them daily.
- Establish good habits and be consistent – Implement your plan of action and vision daily. Make sure that you make improvements to yourself every day. Make sure that you wake up early, read a lot of self-improvement books and autobiographies of game changing individuals, as well as attend seminars and listen to self-development audibles, eat healthier, incorporate a fitness routine, develop a positive attitude and stop over consumption of alcoholic beverages. Practice, Practice, and Practice! Yes, you must dedicate yourself to your own development. It takes determination, discipline, and a lot of regular practice to bring out the best out of yourself.
- Surround yourself with positive people who coincide with your vision – Start meeting new friends who are positive and will aspire you to grow. It is not about always taking; therefore, ask yourself how you can be a better friend to individuals who need you. Sometimes this starts by talking less and listening more to the people around you. This would help you to think quickly and effectively. Also, find mentors that are willing to assist you in your journey.
- Have a pleasant and positive personality – Arrogance takes us nowhere. A gentleman should be humble and down to earth. He should own up to his mistakes, eliminate bad behavior and make a habit of apologizing for his mishaps. Be kind and patient. Let go of your anger, envy, and hatred because you are not going to get anything out of it. I admit that it is tough but you can’t say that it is impossible to implement. If you possess the habit of blaming others for your problem, you need to let go of this. You must take control and be responsible for your life and the decisions that you make if you want to experience true life.
- Eliminate negative people and dream killers in your life – You must remove yourself from bad relationships, friends who are negative, not willing to grow, and toxic. Because this will send mixed results to your subconscious mind and it will be hard to develop yourself into your best self.
- Continue to reinvent yourself – You should always continue to improve yourself. As time goes on you will be a different person. Your goals and aspiration will be different and you will realize that your self-image has grown and that you will have to make continual improvements.
Making a difference is hard but with the goal of implementing the above points into your lifestyle, you will be one step closer to becoming your vision of your perfect self. It might take days, months or years for your initial goals, but surely you will start feeling better about yourself and with the learning of each new discipline you will find it much easier to move to the next goal.
Yes, it’s a long journey but it’s totally worth the effort and is doable. Start climbing to the highest point today. All the best and I’ll see you at the top!