A Book is a Present you can open again & again
Books play an important part in our life. They educate us, motivate us, inspire us to dream big, and do not demand anything in return. They are like a treasure house of knowledge.
It has been found in various studies that all the successful people have one thing in common, they all are exceptional readers. From world leaders to billionaires, they all have a huge appetite for books. And most of them believe that they are this successful because they read a lot and they wish they could read more.
What makes reading so important?
- Reading enhances knowledge: Reading books enhances your knowledge and vocabulary. It makes you better in conversing with others, and makes you confident enough to get your point across.
- It calms your mind: It requires patience. While reading, you are forced to be still and concentrate solely on the book. This calms your body and mind which ultimately helps you cope-up with today’s fast-paced routine.
- It reduces stress: Reading reduces stress level as it engages you in a silent It helps you forget about all your worries and problems, and you devote yourself to the book. This releases tension and unwanted thoughts and reduces the stress.
- It gives you a perspective: It helps you get a different perspective on different things. Your thought-process becomes multi-dimensional as you begin to see through different perspectives.
Once you start reading a book, you gradually get swallowed into the mind of the writer. You see and believe what the writer wants you to see and believe. This is the power of a book. And this is also a reason why you should be selective while picking up books as they influence your thought process and can have a heavy impact on your personality.
The kinds of books you should and shouldn’t read:
- You should read books which develop your life skills, teach you how to manage time and money, and also teach you new things.
- You should avoid reading books which are only for entertainment purposes. Rather, concentrate on reading books that provide you with ample knowledge.
- You should keep in mind the reason why you are reading a book. Even if it is out of habit you should have a valid purpose behind acquiring that particular knowledge and know where to apply it.
- Being selective will help you reduce unnecessary readings and save your time and efforts.
In order to achieve success, you must focus on consuming knowledge that makes you a better and more erudite person.