Be a Goal Digger
Set some goals, and crush them
A goal is a result you desire from your actions. It is similar to a purpose or aim one sets for themselves. Setting goals is an essential part of life if you want to achieve success in anything that you are currently pursuing. You cannot accomplish anything without well-developed plans and goals.
Why Goal-setting should be an integral part of your life:
- Provides Guidance and direction: Setting a goal guides you and gives you a direction of where you have to proceed to achieve success in whatever you are doing. You will be able to figure out where you currently stand and where you need to head by analyzing your goal(s).
- Eliminates uncertainties: A well-analyzed goal helps you take actions which are goal oriented and avoid any activities which are unrelated to it. A goal gives you a starting and finishing point beforehand.
- Facilitates planning: You cannot achieve any goal without laying out a foolproof plan. But, when you set a definitive goal, you are able to figure out ways to achieve it.
- Motivates and inspires you: When you set a goal you can see its finishing point. This motivates you and brings out the best in you. And once you achieve a goal, you get motivated to set higher goals for yourself.
- Brings discipline and happiness in your life: You can not achieve a goal without determination and discipline. When you start setting goals in your life, you become more determined and efficient. And when you start achieving your set goals, you get a sense of fulfillment and satisfaction which motivates you to work even harder.
The importance of goal-setting is clear from the aforementioned points. But, it is not easy to set goals which are desirable as well as achievable. And if you don’t set your goals correctly, it will cause you many problems in achieving them.
How to set S.M.A.R.T. goals:
- Specific: Your goals should be specific and concentrated.
- Measurable: You should be able to measure the efforts you will need to put in for set goals so you achieve them effectively and efficiently.
- Achievable: Your goals should not be out of your reach. You must analyze your capabilities and set the goals that are not too difficult for you to achieve.
- Relevant: You should know if reaching a goal is relevant to you. You should be clear about your objective and know if a particular goal will help you achieve that objective.
- Trackable: The goals you set should be trackable so that you can track your mistakes or see what helped you achieve them.